Valve Condition Monitoring and Testing Made Easy
Valvescan Type VSD
CF8M (316) stainless steel
Our VSD valve controller is an integrated valve information device for Emergency Shutdown (ESD) valves.
Combining valve position monitoring, online performance monitoring and full stroke test (FST) or partial stroke test (PST) functionality, the VSD unit is an information hub for the ESD valve, enabling plant operators to verify the capabilities of the most critical valves in their installations without having to significantly modify existing operating methodologies
IP.66/67 CF8M (316) stainless steel enclosure for superior corrosion protection and mechanical resistive properties
Optional: CF3M (316L) stainless steel and coated, hard anodised aluminium
Certified: ATEX / IECEx Dual Certified Ex d (ia) IIC T4/6 flameproof for zone 1 & 2 hazardous areas.
- Valve position by a continuous feedback transmitter and/or discrete switches / sensors (mechanical or proximity)
- Full or partial stroke test functionality with local or remote initiation
- Online condition monitoring, allowing for simple harvesting of data during shutdown activation
- Option for independent Solenoid Valve test
- Various protocols can be used to communicate with the VSD including HART, Modbus and Bluetooth (Optional: Foundation Fieldbus)
- Smart calibration allows easy installation and configuration
- Compact design provides considerable space saving over similar equipment without compromising the ease of installation or maintenance